Work in Progress
- Cultura, Estética, e os Fundamentos da Teoria da Ação: Um tributo a Talcott Parsons. (Portuguese translation and introduction by Hugo Neri). Manuscript under review at Imprensa de Ciências Sociais, Editora do Instituto de Ciências Sociais, Universidade de Lisboa
- Talcott Parsons and Politics. Special Issue of The American Sociologist in preparation for 2020. (Editors: Victor M. Lidz and Helmut Staubmann)
- Sociology in a New Key. Essays in Social Theory and Aesthetics. Springer International. Manuscript in preparation for 2021
- The Routledge International Handbook of Talcott Parsons Studies. (Javier Trevino and Helmut Staubmann Eds.) In preparation for 2021
- The Unpublished Legacy of Talcott Parsons. (In cooperation with Victor M. Lidz, fundet by Jubiläumsfonds, Österreichische Nationalbank)
- In print:
– Helmut Staubmann and Victor Lidz (Eds). Rationality in the Social Sciences. The Schumpeter/Parsons Seminar 1939/40 and Current Perspectives. Cham: Springer 2019
– Talcott Parsons and Winston White: Values of American Society. Manuscripts from the American Society Project I. Edited and with an Introduction by Victor Lidz and Helmut Staubmann. LIT 2016 (Volume 3 of the book series Studies in the Theory of Action)
- In preparation:
– Talcott Parsons and Winston White: Subsystems of American Society. Manuscripts from the American Society Project II. Edited and with an Introduction by Victor Lidz and Helmut Staubmann. LIT Verlag 2020 (Volume 4 of the book series Studies in the Theory of Action).
The working papers in Subsystems of American Society document conceptual developments based on Parsons’ famous four-function paradigm. The included chapters analyze the American economy, polity, and societal community. They represent Parsons’ first attempt to apply the four-function paradigm to the understanding of a complex modern society with highly differentiated institutional structures. As such, they clarify important developments in 20th century sociological theory as well as underscoring Parsons’ insightful understanding of American society.
- In print: